In Finland, hospital tenders for medicines are about to start at the beginning of 2019 and will cover over 80% of medicines used in Finnish hospitals. For pharmaceutical companies, tenders are a great opportunity to succeed in the Finnish healthcare market.
During 2019, four University hospital districts (Helsinki, Tampere, Turku and Oulu) will commence processes to decide which medicines are to be included in their formularies for the next tendering period 2020-2021, in addition to possible option years. The purpose of the tendering is to provide the best possible medication for patients at reasonable costs to the society.
For pharmaceutical companies tendering is an important but at the same time demanding and time-consuming project. An excellent knowhow of the Finnish healthcare market is a prerequisite to successful tendering.
“All required documents must be provided exactly according to given instructions, otherwise the offer will not be taken into consideration. It is also important to ensure the supply of offered products for the tendering period, in addition to possible option years”, says Raisa Keltanen, Head of Market and Hospital Access at Oriola.
Oriola´s training program offers a comprehensive overview of the Finnish healthcare environment and hospital tenders
Oriola supports pharmaceutical companies with a comprehensive training program that offers an easy and effective way to increase companies´ knowhow of the Finnish healthcare market and hospital tenders. The training program includes following modules:
- Overview on the Finnish hospital operating environment
- Description of hospital tender processes, timelines and required documentation
- Learnings from previous tenders to understand the opportunities and to recognise the pitfalls in hospital tendering
Alongside the training program, Oriola provides a full service package for pharmaceutical companies in all matters related to hospital tendering, starting from strategic consultation to handling the entire tendering process. Our services include:
- Support and consultation for managing required documentation (including ESPD document)
- Preparation and translation of required documentation
- Double quality check on documentation and pricing information
- Delivering tender documentation to the tendering organisation
We are happy to share our expertise with you and guide you all the way through the tendering process. For more information, please contact Raisa Keltanen.