A successful introduction of a new medicine into the Nordic market requires expertise. Whether you have faced challenges in market access strategies or feel that you lack country-specific knowledge of the market access landscape and requirements in the Nordics, this training is designed for you.
To grow your expertise and support your business, Oriola and the Swedish Institute for Health Economics (IHE) will organise a Market Access Master Class virtual training on Thursday 3 December 2020. The training will provide you with best practices and the latest knowledge of what it takes to successfully enter the Nordic market.
Time for the virtual training
Thursday 3 December 2020, 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. CET
(logging in to the training 8.45-9.00 a.m.)
Instructions for participation will be sent to participants before the training.
Why participate in the Market Access Master Class?
In the Market Access Master Class, you will:
- be introduced to the market access landscape in four Nordic countries, the key stakeholders and their drivers and barriers
- learn how to leverage the similarities and differences between the countries when developing your market access roadmaps and strategies
- get ready and plan for market access
- receive valuable tips, answers to your specific questions and practical guidance on how to successfully enter the Nordic market
- engage and network with a group of market access professionals working in the Nordic countries
Lecturers with extensive experience and the latest market insight
Our lecturers have extensive experience in working in different market access and health economic roles in the pharmaceutical industry and in acting as consultants. Their insight is also supported by hands-on work experience from multiple market access projects.
Jonas Hjelmgren, Health Economics and Market Access Director, The Swedish Institute for Health Economics
Jaana Joutseno, Head of Health Economics, Oriola
Martin Stausholm Knudsen, Independent Consultant and Senior Consultant at The Capital Region of Denmark
8.45-9.00 logging in to the training
Themes in the morning session
9:00-9:10 a.m. Opening the Market Access Master Class
09:10-11:00 a.m. Short introduction to market access in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland
- Overview of reimbursement systems and pricing and reimbursement agencies in each country. Presenting similarities and differences in market access between the Nordic countries.
11:00-12:00 a.m. Market Access Roadmaps in the Nordics
- Preparations that need to be done to achieve optimal market access in each Nordic country
12:00-12:45 a.m. Break
Themes in the afternoon
Small group exercise
12:45-2:00 p.m. Group exercise: Preparing a Nordic market access roadmap based on a reference case
- Each team will prepare a Nordic Roadmap and strategy for a reference case. The reference case can be based on participants’ previous experience or current roles in their company (e.g. new rare disease drug, vaccine, drug for an inflammatory disease, medical device etc.).
2:00-2:15 p.m. Break
2:15-3:30 p.m. Feedback on the small group exercise and discussion of the roadmaps
3:30-4:00 p.m. What have we learned? Closure of the Master Class.
The fee is 6 980 SEK/participant (excluding VAT). The maximum number of participants is 20 persons and places will be filled in order of registration. Register for the training event by e-mail to email@example.com.
Invoicing and cancellation terms
The participation fee will be invoiced by IHE one month before the training event. Cancellations must be made by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If participation is cancelled at least one month before the training event, the cancellation is free of charge. If the cancellation is due to illness, the company may send a replacement participant to the training.