Oriola Corporation Stock Exchange Release 31 January 2018 at 3.30 p.m.
Recommendation by the Nomination Committee of Oriola Corporation concerning the Board of Directors to be elected by the 2018 Annual General Meeting
The Nomination Committee of Oriola has presented to the Board of Directors its recommendation on the proposal to the 2018 Annual General Meeting concerning the composition of the Board of Directors as follows:
• The number of members of the Board of Directors would be seven
• The present members of the Board of Directors Anja Korhonen, Mariette Kristenson, Eva Nilsson Bågenholm, Lena Ridström, Staffan Simberg and Anssi Vanjoki would be re-elected
• Juko-Juho Hakala would be elected new member of the Board of Directors
• Anssi Vanjoki would be re-elected as Chairman of the Board of Directors
The Nomination Committee has assessed all candidates to the Board of Directors to be independent of the company and its major shareholders.
Current member of the Board of Directors Kuisma Niemelä will leave the Board of Directors after the 2018 Annual General Meeting.
The Nomination Committee also announces as its recommendation that the following remunerations would be paid to the members of the Board of Directors:
• Chairman of the Board: fee for term of office of 48,400 euros
• Vice chairman of the Board: fee for term of office of 30,250 euros
• Chairman of the Audit Committee: fee for term of office of 30,250 euros
• Other members of the Board: fee for term of office of 24,200 euros
• Attendance fees would be paid as follows: for Board of Directors meetings 1000 euros per meeting to the Chairman and 500 euros per meeting to members and for committee meetings 1000 euros per meeting for the committee chairman and 500 euros per meeting to members
• Of the fees for term of office, 40 per cent would be paid in Oriola Corporation's class B-shares and 60 per cent would be paid in cash
• Travel expenses would be reimbursed in accordance with the travel policy of the company
The Nomination Committee appointed by the Board of Directors of Oriola on 28 September 2017 consists of:
Pekka Pajamo (Chairman), Senior Vice-President, Finance, Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company
Peter Immonen, Chairman of the Board of Directors WIP Asset Management Oy, member of the Board of Directors Mariatorp Oy and Wipunen varainhallinta Oy
Mikael Aro, Senior Industry Expert, Triton
Mikko Mursula, Chief Investment Officer, Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Company
Into Ylppö, M.Sc. (Econ.)
Presentation of Juko-Juho Hakala:
Juko-Juho Hakala (b. 1970) served as CEO of Affecto Corporation between 2014 and 2017. 1998-2014 Hakala served in leadership and development positions within Accenture in the Nordic countries and Accenture’s French technology centre, as of 2008 in the capacity of Partner of Accenture.
Board of Directors
For additional information, please contact:
General Counsel, secretary to the Board of Directors
tel. +358 10 429 5761
NASDAQ Helsinki Ltd