Oriola operates in the growing pharmaceutical distribution markets in Finland and Sweden.
In distribution we offer pharmaceutical logistics and dose dispensing services. Our wholesale business focuses on traded goods and over-the-counter (OTC) products, as well as parallel import and special licensed medicines. The advisory business provides expert services to pharmaceutical companies and pharmacies.
We enable our customers to succeed by being a professional and forward-looking business partner and by delivering insights to support their strategic decision-making. Through an integrated customer offering we ensure value-adding and profitable partnerships.
At the beginning of 2022, Oriola implemented a country-based organisation, where earlier Pharma and Retail business areas and the Operations functions were transformed into a new organisational structure. Oriola reports these operations as one reportable segment. The comparison figures have been restated accordingly.
Oriola’s two reporting segments as of 1 January 2024 will be:
- Distribution segment consisting of pharmaceutical logistics and dose dispensing services.
- Wholesale segment consisting of wholesale of traded goods and over-the-counter (OTC) products, parallel import and special licensed medicines, as well as advisory services.
Oriola’s restated and unaudited segment information for the financial years 2023 and 2022 will be published during Q1 2024. Oriola’s Interim Report for January-March 2024 will be prepared according to the new segment reporting and published on 26 April 2024.
As preliminary, unaudited financial information for the new segments, Oriola has provided following figures, including dose dispensing business in Sweden:
- Distribution segment’s net sales in 2022 were EUR 1,168.9 million and adjusted EBIT was EUR 21.6 million.
- Wholesale segment’s net sales in 2022 were EUR 351.1 million and adjusted EBIT was EUR 6.5 million.
- Eliminated internal sales between segments in 2022 were EUR 4.5 million and non-allocated group items´ effect to adjusted EBIT was EUR -8.4 million.