Oriola as an investment
Oriola operates in the pharmaceutical distribution markets in Finland and Sweden.
Oriola's share of the pharmaceutical distribution market in Finland was approximately 44%, while in Sweden the share was approximately 44% in Q1-Q3 2023.
Oriola Corporation is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Oriola's net sales in continuing operations were approximately EUR 1.5 billion in 2022. Company had approximately 830 employees (FTE) at the end of 2022.
1. Strong position on a stable and growing market
- The pharmaceutical distribution markets in Finland and Sweden are growing. These markets, valued at around EUR 8.5 billion, have historically been relatively stable during economic fluctuations.
- Solid underlying market drivers such as ageing population, wellbeing and healthcare, online pharmaceuticals and growth of speciality products
- Strictly regulated business creates high barriers for market entry
2. Strong partnerships delivering higher customer value
- Improved customer value through commercial focus and excellence
- Data and insight driven business, including forward-looking data management
- More efficient, sustainable and collaborative working culture
3. Efficiency to drive profitability and cash generation
- Improved warehouse efficiency
- Investments in infrastructure and technology
- Organic profitable growth focused on large yet efficient volumes and customer segments
4. Portfolio and market expansion to support growth
- Growing the wholesale business by developing existing and new brands, product categories and customer segments
- Expanding business through acquisitions
- Investments in specific differentiating and digital services
5. Increasing dividend payout
- Oriola’s aim is to pay out an increasing annual dividend of 2/3 of net profit.
6. Sustainability plays an integral role in our business
- Oriola has an important role in society in ensuring deliveries of pharmaceuticals
- Sustainability is integrated in our day-to-day operations and decision-making processes
- Ambitious goals drive our actions forward