How to succeed in hospital tenders of medicines in Finland?
Competitive tendering of the medicinal products for several hospital districts in Finland, for example the Helsinki University Hospital (HUS), will start in early spring 2021. The purpose of the tendering is to provide the best possible medication for patients at a reasonable cost to society. For pharmaceutical companies, competitive tenderings offer a great opportunity to succeed in the Finnish healthcare market.
Tendering is an important but also demanding and time-consuming project. To be successful in the tendering process, a thorough understanding of the Finnish healthcare market is required. In many companies, preparations for the tendering starting in spring 2021 are already underway.
“We are happy to guide pharmaceutical companies all the way through the tendering process. It’s good to remember that preparations take time. If a company wishes to participate in the tendering next spring, now is the last moment to act, says Raisa Keltanen, Head of Market and Hospital Access, Oriola.
Full service package – an easy solution for successful tendering
We help pharmaceutical companies to succeed in tendering with a full-service package starting from strategic consultation to handling the entire tendering process.
- Following and mediating of hospital tender requests
- Support and consultation for managing required documentation (including ESPD document)
- Preparation and translation of required documentation
- Double quality check on documentation and pricing information
- Delivering tender documentation to the tendering organisation
- High-quality translation of the tender request
We can also help you to understand the request and obligations set for the tenderers.
Training program of the Finnish healthcare market
Alongside with full service package, we have created a training program that offers pharmaceutical companies an easy and effective way to increase their knowhow of the Finnish healthcare market and hospital tenders. The training program includes following modules:
- Overview on the Finnish hospital operating environment
- Description of hospital tender processes, timelines and required documentation
- Learnings from previous tenders to understand the opportunities and to recognise the pitfalls in hospital tendering
The training can be organised in customer´s or Oriola´s premises or as an online training.
Raisa Keltanen will be happy to tell you more.